Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 5, 2012

For those of you who don't know I have had a few knee issues....to put it mildly.  I am currently working with an amazing surgical clinic in Banff to try and repair the damages.  The surgery I am waiting for is a cartilage graft.  Kind of a big deal!  The benefit for me is that with the graft of cartilage my knee will be fully functional, as all ligaments and tendons are solid, and the missing cartilage will be replaced.  This will greatly increase my chances of avoiding a knee replacement at a young age.The appointment went well. 
Good news and bad news The good news is the surgery is still a go ahead, still looks to be the best option and I am at the top of the donor list.  Even though that still means I need to wait for the right donor to come along.  The bad news it will mean a little more than a year of no impact exercise and that someone had to pass away for me to have the surgery.
I'm nervous but hopeful.  I will be setting some goals of my own once that time comes around.

Figured I would update people in case you were curious


Program 1: Bodyweight and Intervals (All about the 8's)
Week 1 of 3
Day 4: 8 Rounds for Time - 10 to 1 Plyo Lunge per leg ladder with 100 m run between each ladder level

Program 2: Weightlifting
Week 1 of 3
Day 4
A. Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 4-6
B. Incline Dumbbell Press with Rotation 4 x 6-8
C1. Plyo Push Up to Wall Stall 4 x Failure
C2. Zottman Curls 4 x 6-8
D. 1 Arm Barbell Curl 4 x 8
E. Seated Calf Raise 2 x 16, 2 x 8
F. Rocking Plank 3 minutes Accumulated Time

Program 3 CFLA & Conquest
CFLA
For time:
60 double unders
30 alternating plyo lunges
15 hang power clean (155/105)
30 hand release pushups
15 push jerk (155/105)
30 alternating plyo lunges
60 double unders
Conquest
A.  Bench Press 5 x 5
B.  For Time
5 Clock Hand Circles (Clockwise)
15 KBS
4 Clock Hand Circles (Counterclockwise)
15 Pull Ups
3 Clock Hand Circles (Clockwise)
15 KBS
2 Clock Hand Circles (Counterclockwise)
15 Pull Ups
1 Clock Hand Circles (Clockwise)

Program 4:
Curently on days off

0 comments: