Sunday, January 31, 2010

Power of Positivity


LOOK FEEL PERFORM BETTER CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS:
There will be the follow up nutrition seminar at CFLA Monday, February 1 at 7 pm for you to check in with the coaches. Bring your nutrition questions, workout/nutrition logs, recipes and successes. We are there to help with whatever difficulties you have. If you can't make it please email me so we can set up a time to go through things.

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am big on positive energy. I like to give out positive energy and I like to receive positive energy. I try to promote that atmosphere wherever I teach, train or coach. Along the path of life your "positivity" can be challenged. When those challenges arise, you need to rise above and stay true to yourself. I am guilty, as I am sure most people have been in their lives, of falling down when those challenges have risen in front of me. The situation does not matter, but I fell down just this weekend, hence this post. Everyone has buttons that can be pressed and everyone often responds in a manner that is not true to character in those situations, and lashes out at some transgression that has occurred. Try not to let other peoples negative attitudes bring you down. When confronted by individuals who are not of upstanding moral fiber, try not to react. Try to rise above and let it slide and allow them to be seen for who they truly are. It is like the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me". What some people think, or attempt to spread about you, should not concern you if you know that inside you are a just, fair, and conscientious person. Return their negativeness with positives and continue to surround yourself with good people....continue to strive to do good things. Good things come to good people. Those who know you, will see through machinations and manipulations, and continue to spread praise for the positive work you are doing. Life is to short to be drawn into childish arguments. A good plan is to take time, reflect, calm down and then respond or better yet, chose not to respond. We always have the choice to walk away.

Monday
For Time
50 Pull Ups
50 Burpees
Tuesday
AMRAP in 3 minutes - Rest 1 min. between exercises
Push Ups
Sit Ups
Press Guys @ 65 Gals @ 45
Box Jumps
Wednesday
Bench Press
2-2-2-2-20 (use 60% of your 2 RM and attempt 20 reps)
Rest 3 minutes
Tabata 8 sets of 20 sec. on 10 sec. off
DB Thruster Guys @ 20 Gals @ 10
Double Unders
Thursday
Overhead Squat
5-5-5-5-5
Learn and Practice Snatch
Friday
"Kerry"
8 Rounds of
5 Cleans Guys @ 135 Gals @ 95
5 Push Ups
5 Box Jumps
10 Air Squats

2 comments:

Checkerboker February 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

For Time
50 Pull Ups (Chest to bar)
50 Burpees

8:40
Chest to bar is a whole new world, makes me wish I had a flying carpet.
DC

T-Bone February 2, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

For Time
50 Pull Ups
50 Burpees

7:49